The DissolvIt module enables in vitro simulation of absorption and dissolution of respirable particles in the lung epithelium.
In the patented DissolvIt in vitro module dry powder particles are deposited on a glass surface by PreciseInhale. The particles are then brought into contact with a simulated lung/airway mucus and the dissolution is studied, from the ‘luminal’ side through optical microscopy and from the ‘vascular’ side by chemical analysis of a flow-past perfusion medium.
The system consists of a dissolution chamber, a precision-controlled peristaltic pump and an inverted microscope with a high resolution camera. The dissolution chamber is perfused in single-pass mode after which the blood simulant is collected in a fraction collector. The entire system is thermostatted to 37° C.
Key benefits and features:
- Ranks substances according to solubility
- Monitors absorption as well as dissolution
- Identifies successful, effective Drug Candidates early on
- Delivers exceptionally detailed data incl. Cmax and Tmax curves
- Optical microscopy shows real-time dissolution of particles
- Customizable, programmable Fraction Collector for flexible sampling
US application #12/664,141